Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar
The Rafa Nadal Tennis Academy opened in the summer of 2016 in Nadal’s home town of Manacor. Rafa Nadal has transformed his training base into a high-performance academy where, together with his team, he will develop young tennis players. The Rafa Nadal Academy opened its doors in 2016.
The Academy combines tennis and education so that students can continue their pathway to professional tennis without having to neglect their academic studies. The Academy has its own training system based on the experience acquired by Rafa and his technical team during his years on the ATP circuit.The training system is focused on what they call the “tennis of the future,” which means one that assumes competition against ever faster and stronger opponents. Nadal’s uncle and long-time coach Toni Nadal directs operations, with former Top 100 players Marc Gorriz responsible for the day-to-day functioning. As well as offering weekly and annual academy programs they also offer summer camps
The brand-new sporting facilities at the Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar are all equipped with the latest technology and include:
• 26 tennis courts of different surfaces (Clay, Greenset), outdoor and indoor. • Clinic, specialised in sports medicine, physiotherapy and nutrition. • American International School of Mallorca. • Supervised residency exclusively for students. • Fitness Centre with all the latest equipment. • 2 swimming pools; one outdoor and one indoor. • 7-a-side football pitch. • Regulation multi-sports court. • 7 padel courts. • Restaurant and cafe bar. • Pro Shop. • Gardens.
Weekly training programs during the summer for boys and girls born between 1999 and 2009, both included (for the Boarding option boys and girls need to have been born between 1999 and 2007, both included). The training program is personalised and tailored to the characteristics of each student, using the methodology that Toni Nadal has created and developed according to his experience with Rafa Nadal. As you will see, this is quite an intensive tennis program. Our coaches expect the players to already be playing at least 4-6 hours per week.
Dates: Weekly training program during the summer from 25th June to 27th August 2017
The program includes:
- 22 hours of tennis training per week
- 5 hours of physical fitness training / Sport activities
- 4.5 hours of fun activities
- Accommodation at the supervised residency within the Academy
- Breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner
- Medical attention, physiotherapy and nutritional care
- Leisure activities
- Competition on Saturday.
- • Welcome pack.
Trainings and activities take place from Monday to Saturday.
Check in / Check-out:
Trainings and activities take place from Monday to Sunday. Check in is on Sunday from 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm and check out is on Sunday from 7.00 am to 12.00 noon. All players should be at the Academy by 5.00 pm.
Students stay on-site at the Academy campus offering large and modern bedrooms, featuring ensuite bathroom with shower, desks, wardrobes, Wi-Fi connection, central heating and air conditioning. Boarding is supervised and has 24/7 security service. The accommodation is divided into separate areas. The experienced staff from the Academy carefully carries out roommate allocation taking into consideration aspects such as age and gender
No Boarding: 1620 EURO/week
Boarding: 2110 EURO/week
for more information look at this brochure
Rafa Nadal Academy by Movistar
Ctra. Cales de Mallorca km. 1,2
· 07500 · Manacor –
Mallorca (Spain) ·
Phone: +34 971 845 022