When you stay at the Kiawah Island Villas on Kiawah Island, you’ll be near the beach and near Night Heron Park and Osprey Point Golf Course.
Tennis on Kiawah Island
Kiawah has two tennis facilities close to your choice of accommodation on the Island; the Roy Barth Tennis Center in East Beach and the West Beach Racquet Club. Both tennis facilities are managed by former touring pro Roy Barth.
- West Beach Racquet Club has 10 Har-Tru courts, a swimming pool and snack bar.
- The Roy Barth Tennis Center, is surrounded by tennis villas and four minutes on foot from the beachfront Sanctuary hotel. It has 12 courts made up of 9 Har-Tru and 3 hard.
From March to October, both tennis clubs provide tennis clinics, tennis workouts, adult doubles round robins (mixed doubles), and private lessons. The Clubs assist hotel guests by find opponents at the appropriate level.
Make yourself at home in one of the 400 individually decorated rooms with in the villas, featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and stovetops. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Conveniences include safes and separate sitting areas.
Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property’s location to the point of interest or attraction, and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
- Night Heron Park – 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Osprey Point Golf Course – 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Cougar Point Golf Course – 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Kiawah Beachwalker Park – 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Freshfields Village – 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Bohicket Marina – 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Ocean Course – 6.7 km / 4.1 mi
- Folly Beach County Park – 12.8 km / 8 mi
- Angel Oak Tree – 12.8 km / 8 mi
- Folly Beach Fishing Pier – 15.5 km / 9.6 mi
- Splash Zone Waterpark – 17.7 km / 11 mi
- Edisto Island Serpentarium – 18.2 km / 11.3 mi
- Morris Island Lighthouse – 21.4 km / 13.3 mi
- Edisto Island Museum – 21.5 km / 13.4 mi
- Edisto Beach State Park – 22 km / 13.7 mi
The preferred airport for Kiawah Island Golf Resort – Villas is Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.) – 31.8 km
Kiawah, #1 Tennis Resort in the World and #1 Best Tennis Instruction and Programming by Tennisresortsonline.com! With two complete tennis complexes located on our 10-mile Island, you’ll always be close to a championship court. Choose from the Roy Barth Tennis Center—featuring nine Har-Tru clay courts and three hard courts—or the West Beach Tennis Club, with 10 Har-Tru courts and two lighted hard courts. No matter where you play or practice, the result is the same: You’ll experience the ultimate go-for-the-gold standard in service, instruction, and above all, enjoyment.
The Roy Barth Tennis Center and the West Beach Tennis Club both offer a weekly menu of programs for adults and juniors, including instructional clinics, mini-camps, round-robins, and private lessons. All fall under the leadership of Roy Barth, the Director of Tennis at Kiawah for over 35 years and a founding member of the ATP Tour.
From basic strokes, strategy and angles, to visualization and supervised doubles play, our team of certified professional coaches covers all aspects of the game, and will take your game to the next level. Guaranteed.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. After practicing your swing on the golf course, you can dip into one of the 4 outdoor swimming pools. Additional amenities at this condominium resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and shopping on site. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the condominium resort’s many dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés. Thirsty? Quench your thirst at one of the 5 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Kiawah Island? This condominium resort has 35,000 square feet (3 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.