Carmel Valley Tennis Camp
This family-run camp dates to 1970 and became the property of the current owners and directors, the husband-and-wife team of Susan Reeder and Steve Proulx, in 1992. Both have extensive teaching and playing credentials. Tennis counselors are playing college tennis (eg Willamette, Loyola Marymount, Creighton, Princeton, UCLA, Northwestern, Dartmouth, DePauw) and selected as great role models who love working with children. Counselors are hired from all over the world and across the US. All Staff have been selected to work after an extensive application process with reference and background checks.
Our campers return rate is around 50% and lots of campers return for many years. Campers leave camp motivated to play even more tennis!
The daily program on the 38-acre site mixes tennis on the six hard courts with conditioning, activity on a ropes course, archery, and other activities.
- 38 acre site
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub
- Misc. Sport Activities
Junior Summer Camps:
Carmel Valley Tennis Camp was built as a tennis camp for children ages 10-18. It is family owned and operated by the same family for the past 22 years and Carmel Valley Tennis Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association.
The only people on the 38-acre site are the 52 campers, 18 staff and the Owners and Directors. They are divided into 10 tennis groups of 4-6 campers (by level of skills). Campers improve and learn a lot about tennis ‑ strokes, movement, conditioning, knowledge, sportsmanship and match play. They create memories and develop friendships that last a lifetime!
There are many activities (ropes course, archery, swimming pool, hot tub, art house and many more) for campers in addition to the tennis lessons and match play. Evening activities are age-appropriate, well planned and fun.
Sample Day Schedule:
- 7:30–8:25 Breakfast and Room Clean up
- 8:30 All camp meeting on the bleachers Daily news/activities/Tennis Demos of the Focus of the day
- 9:00 Tennis lessons
- 10:00 Ropes course, archery, conditioning, center court for more tennis
- 11:00 Tennis lessons
- 12:00 Lunch, ping pong, bumper pool, fooz ball, center court
- 12:30 Big Game – Campers & Counselors – Dodgeball, Kickball, Soccer etc.
- 13:00 Tennis lessons
- 14:00 Art House, Pool, Pro Shop/Snack Shop, Games, centre court
- 15:00 All camp meeting in the breezeway Daily tennis topics (tournament prep, nutrition, mental preparation, college tennis, etc.)
- 15:20 Team Tennis Match Play – singles and/or doubles match(es) *When not playing a match – watch other camper matches, Art House, Pool, Games, ping pong, chess, etc
- 18:15 Dinner, Showers
- 19:30 Dessert, All Camp Evening Activities
- 2100-22:00 Back to rooms (depending on age)
- 21:30-22:30 Lights out (depending on age)
Delicious healthy food is prepared on site in our commercial kitchen.
Evening Activities (Example):
Campfire (Hot Chocolate & s’mores) / Counselor Skits / Tennis Carnival / Battle of the Rooms / Mystery Game / Are You Smarter Than a Counselor? / Night Hike / Camp Out / Movie Night / CVTC’s Next Top Model / Dance / Disco Night / Trip to Carmel / Picnic at the Beach / Night Swimming / Karaoke
- June 4- June 10
- August 6- August 12
- August 13-August 19
- June 11-June 24
- June 25-July 8
- July 9-July 22
- July 23-August 5
- 1 weeks: Day: $1295
- 2 weeks: $2495/week